Is there a way that you can improve response times, decrease contamination delays, and reduce personnel frustration in your cleanroom? There absolutely is. The answer is a real time monitoring system.
These are systems that monitor your cleanroom for particle contamination in real time. They provide continuous monitoring, alarms, and feedback for your team.
The essence of their design is to reduce repetitive work and stress on your team while improving your response time to a contamination event. There is enough to deal with a cleanroom: worrying about the relevancy of your data should not be one of them.
So how exactly do these systems work?
How Do Cleanroom Real Time Monitoring Systems Work?
Real time monitoring systems combine a network of particle counters, sensors, and software to provide you with a stream of constant data about your cleanroom. These systems provide you with real time alerts and alarms if data is outside of normal limits.
For example, Lighthouse’s real time monitoring LMS Express software provides you with constant data about:
- Particle Counts
- Differential Pressure
- Air Velocity
- Door Status
- CO2 Levels
- Viable Particles
- O2 Levels
This software also allows you to quickly graph and understand data about your cleanroom. Was a contamination event an anomaly or a pattern? With a real time monitoring system that is doing the heavy lifting for you, this question’s answer is at your fingertips.
On the other hand, you could collect this data from a system of particle counters, manually enter and corroborate data, and decipher it. The data you’ll be covering could be hours or even days old. How does that help you at the moment?
Real time monitoring systems allow you to have a contamination event in your cleanroom, you will be alerted immediately. This is only one of the most obvious benefits of a cleanroom real time monitoring system.
How Will A Real Time Monitoring System Benefit You?
There is an obvious benefit to cleanroom real time monitoring systems: you get to have immediate information about the current state of your cleanroom. But what are the benefits that come along with this?
The right real time monitoring system will allow you to…
- Reduce man hours spent corroborating data that is already out of date anyway.
- Adhere to 21 CFR 11 and automatically set yourself up for easy audits.
- easily assemble data sets and examine trends versus anomalies because of your immediate access to data.
- Reduce your risk of contamination in your cleanroom, as these are inevitably paperless systems
- Improve your data integrity by removing humans from unnecessary data entry.
- Easily manage SOP revisions.
- Self-execute IQ/QQ documents.
- Have NIST traceable calibrations.
- Rest easy knowing that you will be alerted if there is an issue.
- Decrease yield loss.
- Improve employee morale and use your human capital where it is most valuable.
- Potentially decrease training requirements, as you will most likely simplify your system.
- Save critical time while evaluating data.
- Bring your cleanroom to the forefront of monitoring technology.
- Empower yourself and your team in knowing that you are making an educated decision for your cleanroom that provides you with the most protection.
How Can You Implement A Cleanroom Real Time Monitoring System?
Implementing a real time monitoring system in your cleanroom is easier than you might imagine. You can have a system set up in as little as three weeks after you make the decision.
Real time monitoring systems are designed for usability and ease of access. Once you determine the logistics of the integration, it is exceedingly easy to set up.
First, you will want to start with a strategic risk assessment to determine the best sensor locations and types of sensors needed.
Next, you will work with a technician to determine the best steps to follow through implementing the system. While you might not need to start from scratch, the GAMP V model is an excellent guideline for implementing a system.
After you determine the system you need, you just have to place the order!
Once you receive your system and install your sensors, you will upload your SOPs to the software and watch the magic start!
Why would we not embrace the ease of this technology in our cleanrooms?
But we understand this transition is not always simple and is a large decision. That is why we are here to support you in this undertaking. We are happy to answer any and all questions and work with you to determine what is the absolute best for your facility.
We’ve been the world’s clean air experts for over 40 years. We don’t take that title lightly, which is why we dedicated ourselves to making the lives of cleanroom managers easier and their cleanrooms more efficient and effective.
So if you’re ready to see how a cleanroom real time monitoring system will improve your cleanroom, you can learn more here.