Looking for a career with a great Company? Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions has a great opportunity for you! We are seeking a dynamic Mechanical Engineer lll to add to our team LWS!
Must have work and relevant experience in Product Design Engineering and preferably on a commercial level. Qualified candidates must have an outstanding work ethic, be self-motivated and have a “can do/get it done” teamwork and positive attitude. Competitive wages and benefits. Great team, culture and benefits!
Employer Matched 401 k, Sick and Vacation, Health benefits! (Vision, medical, dental, disability and life insurance)
Founded in 1982, Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions is the world’s leading supplier of real time contamination monitoring systems and airborne particle counters. Lighthouse offers the most complete line of contamination monitoring solutions available that include Airborne Particle Counters, Microbial Samplers and Liquid Particle Counters, as well as Temperature / Humidity sensors. Recently added production of air purification products, manufacturing of personal protective equipment. These solutions are now found in semiconductor, pharmaceutical, data storage, biotechnology, aerospace and defense industry plants worldwide.
About the Job: This position is responsible for creating and developing new products, or making improvements to existing products. Uses knowledge of industrial design, graphic design, mechanical design, electrical design, and systems engineering to develop products that meet the company’s requirements. Influences the product design architecture to improve the ergonomics, function, and appearance of the products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches application and user requirements to identify key factors to be addressed in the design features. Human interface, ergonomics, environmental impact, serviceability, and cost of ownership are some examples
- Researches consumer markets to ensure product designs meet the latest styling trends
- Researches and analyzes data such as design proposals, specifications, and costs to determine feasibility of design
- Uses established engineering methodology and procedures to apply principles of design theory to design and development projects
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, all work must be done thinking “Safety First”
- Uses systems engineering principles to combine components such as catalog parts, PCBA’s, wire assemblies, electro-mechanical parts, and custom mechanical parts into a cohesive system that functions efficiently and meets the product requirements
- Design’s products that comply with regulatory requirements, such as RoHS, CE, RFI/EMI emissions
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements
- Budgets, schedules and coordinates project tasks
- Good communication skills
- Get along with others
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds and 41+ pounds as a two-person lift
- Inspects completed installations and observes operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
- Leads and directs the work of others in the project team to ensure tasks are completed on time and project goals are met.
- Other general duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university and 9 years of experience in a related field, or 12 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Product Design Engineering experience in a commercial level preferred
- Must have a great “can do” attitude
- Outstanding problem-solving resolution and attention to detail, willing to lead by example
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding work ethic, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Takes initiative and works well independently
EEO Statement: Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, or disability status.
CANDIDATES SUBJECT TO PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SCREENING
Email resume and cover letter to Lighthouse Recruiting Team