We are seeking a Jr. Field Service Technician to add to our team!
Qualified candidates should have an outstanding work ethic, be self-motivated and have a “can do, get it done” teamwork/positive attitude! Competitive wages and benefits! Commission packages! Great team! Great culture and benefits!
Employer Matched 401 k! Sick and Vacation! OJT! Health benefits! (Vision, dental, medical, disability and life insurance)
About the Company:
Founded in 1982, Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions is the world’s leading supplier of real time contamination monitoring systems and airborne particle counters. Lighthouse offers the most complete line of contamination monitoring solutions available that include Airborne Particle Counters, Microbial Samplers and Liquid Particle Counters, as well as Temperature / Humidity sensors. These solutions are now found in semiconductor, pharmaceutical, data storage, biotechnology, aerospace and defense industry plants worldwide. We are on a quest to improve yields by providing state-of-the-art technology. Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions truly is worldwide. We have performed hundreds of installations around the globe, servicing industries ranging from semiconductors and disk drive manufacture to aerospace and pharmaceuticals.
About the Job and Responsibilities:
This position requires experience with computer hardware, software, and computer networks. This is not an IT position. Electronics, low voltage electrical experience, and experience as a field service technician. The Field Service Technician is responsible for preventive maintenance, service, installation and customer training on Lighthouse Monitoring Systems.
Relevant experience: Cleanroom: applications, HVAC facilities, ISO standards, installations, wiring IT: Networking, SCADA: Software and PLC experience.
- Team with system manager, engineering, project management, sales personal and Lighthouse distributors to effectively implement, optimize and maintain Lighthouse Monitoring Systems which meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Installation and termination of data cables, vacuum tubing, mounting wall fixtures.
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot/diagnose and service environmental sensors and system components and sensor calibration.
- Maintain a professional appearance and follow established safety standards and the customer’s standard operating practices.
- Professionally communicate to customer services performed.
- Work inside clean rooms and controlled environments
- Cover a service area and help out in other areas as needed.
- Properly complete system validation documentation including but not limited to Installation Qualification (IQ) and Operational Qualification (OQ).
- Document all work performed and close out all activities upon completion.
- Is directly responsible for company assets, including parts inventory, tools, laptop and test equipment.
- Gets along with others.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and frequently bend, twist, reach, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Must have hand dexterity to manipulate and handle materials.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis. Any lifting over 50 pounds will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee
- General duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications and Minimum Requirements including but not limited to:
- Mechanical, software, IT and Electronics aptitude preferably engineering or mechanical engineering qualification.
- Strong troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with all paperwork.
- Customer relations, interpersonal relationships, team relations and service oriented.
- Understand serial communications such as RS485.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes are a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001and GAMP requirements are a plus.
- Knowledge of SCADA software is a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO17025 calibration is a plus.
- Bilingual skills are a plus (Spanish, French).
- Field service tech for more than 5 years or a similar position including military equivalent.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and a reliable vehicle.
- Must possess or can obtain a U.S. Passport.
Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, disability status, or any other legally-protected status.
CANDIDATES SUBJECT TO PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SCREENING
Email resume and cover letter to Lighthouse Recruiting Team