Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions is a manufacturer of laser-based particle counting instruments and clean room monitoring systems used in the high tech manufacturing environments of semiconductor, hard disk, pharmaceutical, aerospace, and defense industries. Founded in 1982, Lighthouse is a growing and dynamic company – and we’re expanding our engineering team!
We are looking for a motivated and skilled Electro-Optical Engineer to assume responsibility for Electro-Optical design and documentation for both new product development and maintenance of existing products. This is a full time, direct hire position, reporting to the Engineering Manager. Position is based in Fremont, CA with occasional travel to our facility in Medford, OR.
- Design optical systems for low noise, low light level detection sensors including laser diodes, laser drive electronics, focusing optics, collection optics, photo diodes
- Configure instrumentation optics (lens and mirror-based, generally not fiber optics)
- Model key performance elements of the subsystems including optical ray tracing, beam profile analysis, and sensor detection capabilities
- Assist in the design of laser driver and photo amplifier circuitry
- Bachelor’s degree or double major in Optical Engineering, with electronics and/or opto-mechanical minor from a four-year college or university, and 5+ years of experience in related field, experience in particle technology, Mie scatter analysis a plus; MS a plus
- Proficient with ZEMAX optical design applications using parts from Thorlabs, Edmund, Newport or similar US and foreign suppliers; optical development software/tools
- Prior design experienced with instruments, fast detectors and/or APDs. Experience with Mie particle scatter analysis, with hands-on experience in manufacturing of opto-electronic instrumentation a plus
- Experience in configuring instrumentation optics (lenses, mirrors, optomechanical mounts, light traps, etc. No requirement for fiber optics design knowledge)
- Prior experience in designing or specifying anti-reflective coatings, reflective coatings
- Knowledge of optical components including light sources, lenses, filters, light absorbers, and mirrors
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with electronics and electrical design as well as low light level detection optical systems, and alignment techniques for laser-based systems
- Manages, organizes, prioritizes, and executes assignments for multiple projects on time
- Motivated professional, able to initiate tasks, generate questions, and apply innovative solutions
- Positive attitude, take directions well, and comfortable in group situations
- Willing to travel occasionally to Medford, OR
Competitive salary & benefits package, commensurate with required level of experience and skills.
Principals only, no phone calls please.
Please email your cover letter and resume to the Lighthouse Recruiting Team.