Do you have a passion for Fashion Design? Do you want the stability of working for a long standing and growing essential business, located in the beautiful Rogue Valley? Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions are seeking a dynamic Custom Tailor, Seamstress/Fashion Designer to add to our team!
Must have an outstanding work ethic, be self-motivated and have a “can do/get it done” teamwork and positive attitude!
Qualified candidates should have 5-10 years’ professional sewing / tailoring experience and/or have the schooling, creativity/passion, with a desire in lean manufacturing techniques delivering constantly high quality regulatory compliant products.
Competitive wages and benefits! Commission packages! Great team! Great culture and benefits!
Employer Matched 401 k! Sick and Vacation! Health benefits! (Vision, dental, medical disability and life insurance)
About the Company: Founded in 1982, Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions is the world’s leading supplier of real time contamination monitoring systems and airborne particle counters. Lighthouse offers the most complete line of contamination monitoring solutions available that include Airborne Particle Counters, Microbial Samplers and Liquid Particle Counters, as well as Temperature / Humidity sensors. Recently added production of air purification products, manufacturing of personal protective equipment. These solutions are now found in semiconductor, pharmaceutical, data storage, biotechnology, aerospace and defense industry plants worldwide.
Job Summary: Construct, mend and alter garments and other fabric-made articles according to customer needs. Replace buttons, zippers, linings, shoulder pads, etc in garments and modify, reconstruct, or duplicate garments based on customers specifications. Estimate the cost of constructing various garments, taking into account all time and materials required.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Accurately measure clients and garments using tape measures to ensure proper fit
- Fit, tailor, and alter garments and other articles, which includes hemming, lengthening, taking in/out seams.
- Ensure sewing machines and other equipment are in good working order
- Fit garments on customers to determine exact alterations
- Construct garments and other articles according to customers’ specifications and preferences from either existing garments or raw fabric.
- Label garment sand articles
- Record and track required alterations
- Use irons and pressing machines
- Good communication skills
- Get along with others
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, all work must be done thinking “Safety First”
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds and 41+ pounds as a two-person lift
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Proven track record of sewing and tailoring experience
- Superior project management skills
- Sound knowledge fabric and sewing techniques including working with stretch material
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to safely use sewing machines, sergers, irons and other sewing equipment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills, hand/eye coordination and attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 5-10 years’ professional experience preferred and/or schooling with relevant combined course/experience
- Travel may be required to travel to other LWS offices and customer sites in the US
EEO Statement: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, disability status, or any other legally-protected status.
Email resume and cover letter to Lighthouse Recruiting Team