We are seeking a dynamic Cost Accountant to add to our team!
Qualified candidates must have an outstanding work ethic, be self-motivated and have a “can do/get it done” teamwork and positive attitude. Competitive wages and benefits! Commission packages! Great team! Great culture and benefits!
Employer Matched 401 k! Sick and Vacation! Health benefits! (Vision, dental, medical and life insurance)
About the Company:
Founded in 1982, Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions is the world’s leading supplier of real time contamination monitoring systems and airborne particle counters. Lighthouse offers the most complete line of contamination monitoring solutions available that include Airborne Particle Counters, Microbial Samplers and Liquid Particle Counters, as well as Temperature / Humidity sensors. These solutions are now found in semiconductor, pharmaceutical, data storage, biotechnology, aerospace and defense industry plants worldwide. We are on a quest to improve yields by providing state-of-the-art technology. Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions truly is worldwide. We have performed hundreds of installations around the globe, servicing industries ranging from semiconductors and disk drive manufacture to aerospace and pharmaceuticals.
About the Job:
This position is responsible for gross margin reporting and analysis at the Lighthouse production facilities in Medford. The activities managed by the Lighthouse Medford team include assembly and shipment of instruments, machining of instrument components, service and repair of instruments, and installation and commissioning of completed cleanroom monitoring systems.
- Assistance with monthly General Ledger closes, including primary responsibility for revenue and cost of goods sold
- Development and review of standard cost metrics for Lighthouse products
- Development and review of methodologies and factors for allocating indirect production costs to direct activities
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Maintenance of cost accounting system and support in audits as needed
- Management of system implementation revenue recognition based on percentage completion methodology
- Reconciliation of deferred revenue accounts
- Supervision of physical inventory counts and monitoring of cycle count program.
- Overall responsibility for inventory accounting, including monthly reconciliations, review of backflush transactions, and the flow of materials into finished goods
- Analytical projects as required to support management of the business
Skills and Qualifications including but not limited to:
- Must have a great “can do” attitude
- Outstanding problem-solving resolution, willing to lead by example
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Completes projects correctly, on time and within budget
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding work ethic, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Takes initiative and works well independently
- Must have strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft, Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3 years’ experience preferred
- Desire for CPA preferred. (credit working hours counting towards CPA)
Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, disability status, or any other legally-protected status.
CANDIDATES SUBJECT TO PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND SCREENING
Email resume and cover letter to Lighthouse Recruiting Team