We regard our customers as business partners. Working in close partnership with our customers, we have arrived at systems and solutions that have revolutionized the approach, concepts, and results of the monitoring industry. Together, we have reengineered the industry, driving our suppliers and competitors to continually improve.
Lighthouse has grown to be an integral part of our customers’ manufacturing process. We are on a quest to improve yields by providing state-of-the-art technology. We have learned that Lighthouse and our customers all benefit from one another.
Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions truly is worldwide. We have performed hundreds of installations around the globe, servicing industries ranging from semiconductors and disk drive manufacture to aerospace and pharmaceuticals. Lighthouse customers include: Western Digital, Seagate, Applied Materials, Fujitsu, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi, Hyundai, IBM, Komag, Lockheed Martin, Los Alamos National Laboratories, LSI, MEMC, Motorola, National/Panasonic, Quantum, Raytheon, Samsung, Sharp, Texas Instruments, TSMC, USC, VLSI, Xerox and many, many more…
Lighthouse Direct Offices
Lighthouse is committed to providing local offices in each of the regions where our customers do business. Direct sales, service, installation, and project management allow our customers to have a direct connection with the Lighthouse Team. We now have offices in California, Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand, two in Malaysia, two in China, and most recently, we have added an office in Holland. Our strategy of establishing close regional contacts has proven very successful for Lighthouse and our customers over the years. Maintaining and expanding those contacts will remain a crucial part of our corporate strategy for success.
The Lighthouse Installation Team provides quality installations and system expansions. Our skilled professionals include project managers and installation crews worldwide, who make the installation of a Lighthouse system as seamless as possible. We provide the best quality installations in the industry. Our quality work, attention to detail, efficiency, and creativity to adapt to your needs are proven.
- The Lighthouse project managers work with all internal departments, including sales, purchasing, manufacturing, engineering and upper management. The focus and hard work of a project manager begins when we receive the purchase order and continues to the end of the project.
- Lighthouse provides a complete specification of our customer’s installation. Our project managers work with the customer every step of the way to answer questions and address concerns.
- Lighthouse works with our customers on sensor locations, sensor naming, system configuration, and layout.
- The Lighthouse project management team makes every installation a great success.
- Lighthouse provides neat, clean, and organized cable/tubing installations.
- The Lighthouse installation teams are skilled in the installation of a wide variety of sensors, including environmental, gas, liquid, etc.
- Our installation teams have high standards of quality and craftsmanship. We strive to make each installation a showcase for our customers.
All Lighthouse installations undergo a rigorous data validation, quality, and system integrity check.
Lighthouse Service Team
The Lighthouse Service Team provides the best resources and expertise available. We are constantly receiving letters of praise from our customers thanking us for meeting and exceeding their needs.
Lighthouse has tailored a preventive maintenance program to maintain and extend the life of our system. This program includes the following:
- All sensors and sensing points are manually inspected to ensure that each sensor is operating properly.
- All nodes and data collection devices are manually inspected to ensure performance and operation of hardware.
- All vacuum pumps are manually inspected to verify their condition.
- Key data collection devices are checked for viruses, disk fragmentation and disk surface defects.
- System backups are provided and data archived.
- Performance is maximized through a cleanup of all files and a system integrity test.
- All data collected is validated.
- A Lighthouse Monitoring System Health Report is completed, including:
a. Locations of all devices
b. Calibration due dates for all devices and sensors on the system
c. Conditions of the vacuum pumps
d. Suggestions for all concerns, problems, and expansion ideas
The “Improvement Meetings” are scheduled meetings where our customers can ask questions and express their views on the use of the Lighthouse system. The Lighthouse Service Team takes a proactive approach toward improving the use of the Lighthouse system. Below are some examples of topics that are discussed.
1. Enhancement requests
2. Outstanding items to be completed
3. Brainstorming about new ways to monitor
4. User training needed
5. Future system planning and requirements
6. Latest technical updates
7. Latest sensor updates
8. Latest monitoring methods
9. Industry trends in monitoring
10. New features to be released in Lighthouse’s next version
Lighthouse has Full Calibration Service centers at all direct offices around the world. Calibrations are completed within 7 working days from receipt of the unit.
The following procedures are performed during calibration:
1. Removal of the sensor
2. Installation of the customers spare sensor or a Lighthouse spare (if available)
3. 9 point inspection program
3.1. Record equipment ID numbers
3.2. Laser current
3.3. Laser voltage
3.4. Air flow
3.5. Pump operation
3.7. Printer operation
3.8. Communication ports
4. Calibration of the sensor
5. Reinstallation of the calibrated sensor
6. Validation of sensor data
7. Verification of data collection at the Lighthouse system
8. Provide a Calibration Certificate for each sensor
Sensor Repair Center
Lighthouse Sensor Repair Centers are located in California and Singapore. Our repair centers are capable of the following:
1. Sensor calibration
2. Internal sensor cleaning
3. Sensor board replacement
4. Laser replacement
5. Filter replacement
6. Internal tubing replacement
7. Critical orifice replacement
8. Internal component replacement
9. Vacuum pump replacement
10. Sensor head replacement
Lighthouse has an Application Technology Department that provides pre- and post-sales support.
Pre-sales support includes the following:
- Analysis of customer facilities, equipment, and processes to identify areas in critical
need of continuous monitoring.
- Analysis of customer facilities, equipment, and processes to determine areas where conventional manual monitoring may be insufficient to provide adequate protection and control.
- Recommendations for selection and placement of sensors.
- Selection and qualification of monitoring system components and materials suitable for the intended installation.
Post-sales support includes the following:
- Recommendations for the best way to view and present the data from the continuous monitoring system, including statistical analysis.
- Analysis and interpretation of data from the sensors.
- Troubleshooting support to identify out-of-control conditions.
- Recommendations for corrective actions where data shows unacceptable conditions exist.
- Recommendations for addition or elimination of sensors.
Additional services include the following:
- For airborne molecular contamination in clean rooms: expertise in selection of monitoring and control methods
- For electrostatic discharge control in clean rooms and factory environments: recommendations for the selection and installation of air ionization and electrostatic monitoring, as well as outfitting facilities and workstations for state-of-the-art electrostatic over-stress and electrostatic discharge control
- For supplier support: definition of contamination requirements, measurement methods, strategies for implementation, and assistance in corrective action for suppliers
- For in-house cleaning support: assistance in selection and evaluation of candidate cleaning methods, evaluation of existent processes, and assistance in development of improvements
- For in-process contamination control: evaluation of in-situ generation of contamination control methods.
- For selection of materials: piece parts and subassemblies, tooling and workstations
- For monitoring of processes: monitoring of process conditions and fluid in pipes and
within process equipment
Lighthouse is dedicated to continually train our customers. We hold multiple training sessions at our headquarters in San Jose, California each year. We also offer training in our regional branch offices and at our customer’s sites. Our training courses include the following:
- Basic communication and sensor data collection methods
- Introduction to sensor interfacing for analog, digital, and serial sensors and devices
- Passwords and log-in
- Use of graphs, charts, SPC graphs, and data tables
- Auto-reporting and printing
- Using system status and log file windows
- Using maps and sensor alarm colors
- Serial communication: RS-232, RS-422, RS-485
- Export features, including chart export and intelligent export
- Custom report use and basic report design
As our customers drive to improve manufacturing processes and stay competitive, their monitoring needs to constantly change. Lighthouse listens to our customers. We work as partners to adapt and improve our products and services as needs change. Features, drivers, enhancements, and fixes are all a part of our improvement process.
The Lighthouse Engineering Team was founded in 1982. The abilities and vast resources that “Our Team” has are unbeatable. We are committed to total excellence, whether it is in databases, documentation, custom drivers, testing, enhancements, or adding a new feature.
Growing Your System
One of the most common statements from our customers is “Wow, I didn’t know the system could do that.” The Lighthouse system can monitor many things both inside and outside the facility. The most commonly found sensors include:
- Airborne Particle Sensors
- Temperature Sensors
- Relative Humidity Sensors
- Differential Pressure Sensors
- Electrostatic Discharge Sensors
- Liquid Particle Sensors
- Resistivity Sensors
- Turbidity Sensors
- Gas Particle Sensors
- Total Organic Carbon Sensors
- Silica Sensors
- Molecular Contamination Sensors
- Outside Environmental Sensors (Wind direction, Wind Speed, Temperature, Relative Humidity, and more…)
- Door Switches
- Facility Alarms
- Level Sensors
- In-situ Sensors
- Vibration Sensors
- Flow Rate Sensors
- pH Sensors
- Dissolved Oxygen Sensors
- Gas dewpoint sensors
- Gas pressure sensors
- DI temperature and flow sensors
Lighthouse is the Proven Leader
Lighthouse has the largest systems installed worldwide. There are many things to consider when purchasing, testing, and/or expanding a system. Some of these include the following:
- Performance: Our system is by far the fastest system on the market under both normal and extreme conditions. The system was designed to multitask. The user can collect data from thousands of sensors, send alarms, watch log files, build graphs, send pages and do much more, all at the same time.
- System robustness: our system has a distributed architecture. Data collection, storage, and analysis happen dynamically throughout the system. Each node monitors its own state and that of the connections to other nodes. In the event of a failure, each node takes the appropriate action, assuring data integrity.
- Data redundancy: Our system has automatic data redundancy built in. If the main system goes down, our Area Control Units update data on the main system automatically when it comes back up.
- Sensor compatibility: Our system has an open architecture. It is the only system that has such a broad base of sensor libraries. The system allows our customers to use sensors from any manufacturer with any input. The open architecture philosophy will continue to be a part of all new versions and future system upgrades.
- Data backups and archiving: Specific ranges of data can be stored for historical access, or data can be auto-archived to a protected file in the event of a catastrophic failure of the main database.
- Reporting: Report features are designed by customers for customers. There are full color standard reports for graphs; charts, SPC graphs, and data tables, and a custom report package created to meet our customer’s summary reporting needs. These custom reports allow the customer to look at data from many, many perspectives and in many formats.
- Data Export: Our systems allow our customers to export data in several ways. Depending on the needs of the customer, the Lighthouse System can export data in anything from a simple CSV file, to an ASCII serial data stream, to a network data connection. This variety of data transmission modes allows the customer to have access to his data were he needs it. Data may be exported to common spreadsheet formats and through serial exports to third party reporting packages or to yield management systems.
- Alarming: Our system has many ways to alert our users that there is an alarm, including alarm lines on graphs at the point of use, alarm light sticks at any of the main viewing stations, buzzers for sound alert, and pagers for notifying key staff.
- Facility Maps: Facility maps are multilevel and hierarchical, allowing the customer to see the overall state of the facility and zoom into the area of interest intuitively. The maps can be customized and have adjusting functions for font size and layout.
- Data collection rates: In 1990, Lighthouse developed a data collection method called Adaptive Data Control. This data collection method allows our users to set the recording rate separately for alarm, warning, and normal conditions for each individual real-time sensor.
- Self-diagnosis: Our system has a self-checking protocol that notifies the user when system errors occur. This protocol allows the user to check the integrity of the nodes connected to the system. In the event of lost or corrupted data due to a communication error, the system adjusts to ensure that the data is properly received.
- Historical data review: Our system allows the user to keep massive amounts of data at their fingertips. By browsing through easy step windows, our users are able to recall, review, and report on historical data.
- Hardware connectivity: Our system is able to communicate with devices with all standard communication protocols. These protocols include TCP/IP, RS-232, RS-422/485, 4-20mA, 0-5v, 0-1v, 0-10v, Frequency, Digital input/output, RTD, 0-20mA, Modicon MODBUS, Allen-Bradley Data Highway Plus, and many more…
- Networking multiple sites: Our system allows for viewing from remote locations independent of the customer’s internal network. Remote dial and data transfers allow our customers to view data from around the world.
- Networking within a site: Our system has optional server-based software that allows our customers to set up clients connected to their network.
- Auto-Paging: Our sophisticated pager notification allows our users to notify key personnel in the event of an alarm, warning, or fault.
- Modular concept: Our system allows the user to expand from a simple system to a large system. All components are building blocks. As the system grows, all system components can grow with the system. As computer technology advances, we work with our customers to utilize each part of the computer to its fullest.
- Real-time data computation and analysis: Mathematical operations such as averaging and ranging can be applied to currently monitored data points, creating calculated data points. The customer can use the same types of data displays and alarming for calculated data points as for regular data points . Our system allows event monitoring, trend alarming, data filtering, and more.
- SPC Charts: Our system includes X-bar/R Statistical Process Control charts for monitoring any parameters of interest (temperature, particulates, air velocity, etc.).
- User Interface: The Lighthouse system’s user interface is simple and clean. Design simplicity shortens training time and allows the customer to take advantage of the full power of its features.
ISO and CE
Lighthouse is ISO Certified. Lighthouse believes in quality and in exceeding industry standards. Lighthouse products are CE approved.
Engineering the Future
The future is guaranteed to be both dynamic and unpredictable. Together with our customers, Lighthouse will work hard to find new ways to drive the industry. We will continually strive to be the shining light in the darkness, pointing the way for many years to come.