Growing, privately held manufacturing and distribution firm is seeking an Embedded Design Engineer to design, debug and document both the hardware and firmware for sensor and laser based instruments. This is a full time, direct hire position, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scope of designs includes control systems, analog circuits, embedded microcontroller systems, motion control, sensor interfacing, user interfaces, and software.
- Responsible for accurate documentation including the following: Specifications, Designs, Schematics, Layouts, Firmware, BOM, Test plans, and more.
- Work in a team environment with other engineers, testers, technicians, manufacturing, supply management, sales, marketing personnel, and possibly outside regulatory agencies.
- From time to time will have contact with customers, regulatory affairs, sales, upper management, and suppliers.
- Work closely with Product Managers, System Engineering, QA Engineering, and QA Technicians to support verification and validation activities.
- 3-7 years of experience in product design electrical engineering/ firmware, with a focus on firmware preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/ or Embedded Systems Engineering; advanced degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in designing products under a structured development process and within a team environment.
- Familiar with Microsoft Project or equivalent scheduling software.
- Familiar with source control software and bug databases.
- Familiar with schematic/ layout tools such as Orcad Capture and Allegro/ PCB Editor.
- Design and debugging experience in the following: Embedded Control Systems, firmware development, C programming, hardware design, power supplies, motion control, analog sensor interfaces, maximizing signal to noise, EMI concerns, Grounding issues, and the implementation of communication protocols.
- Willingness to travel on an as-needed (infrequent) basis to other locations, primarily in the Northwest US.
Please email your cover letter and resume to the Lighthouse Recruiting Team.